Iron Beans with Vegetables
Recipe type: Lunch
- 1 cup iron beans, picked
- 1 medium size smoked fish of your choice, deboned
- 2½ tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1 small size red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch pumpkin leaf, roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- Put beans in a clean bowl, add boiled water and leave for 2 minutes, remove from water, rinse and cook until beans is soft.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add onion in oil to cook until soft.
- Add the crushed garlic cloves, and cook a minute more.
- Stir in chopped greens, and season with salt to taste or add your preferred seasoning to taste.
- Partially cover the pan, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked iron beans.
- Cook partially covered for 5 more minutes, until the flavors have combined and the greens are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!