- 2 cups of white rice, parboiled
- ¼ kg chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 big size seed tomatoes, crushed
- 3 medium size scotch bonnet pepper, crushed
- 1 big size onion, crushed
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 2 big size seed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. oregano spice
- ½ tsp. fresh ginger paste
- ½ tsp. fresh garlic paste
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- ¼ thyme spice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. seasoning
- 1 medium size fresh lemon, juiced
- 3 bunch spinach, roughly chopped
- Water as desired for boiling rice
- Make a marinade with lemon juice, olive oil, fresh ginger paste, fresh garlic paste, turmeric powder, thyme spice, oregano spice, salt, and seasoning.
- Pierce chicken with a fork or cut into pieces and then pour marinade over chicken.
- Marinate chicken overnight to soak up the flavor in re-sealable plastic bag or glass container with cover, then put it in your refrigerator.
- Fry marinated chicken with halogen oven or fry using any other desired method.
- In a large cooking pan with cover, fill the pan with water three-quarter full, and bring to a boil.
- When water is at full boil, add chopped spinach to pan.
- Cook spinach for one minute.
- Drain spinach in a colander and press out excess liquid to prevent diluting the flavor of your sauce.
- Add chopped onion, crushed tomatoes, turmeric, garlic and ginger paste, oregano spice, seasoning, and salt. Add roasted prawn and allow to cook.
- Add chicken, add spinach and stir thoroughly. Allow cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Key ingredients – Spinach
Spinach is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet and a must in every fertility diet. This is because spinach is packed with folic acid, zinc, antioxidants, iron, vitamin k, vitamin A, magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, calcium, potassium, and it’s a very good source of dietary fiber, protein and vitamin E and also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Benefits of Spinach on Fertility
Let’s look at some few benefits of spinach on fertility:
- Spinach helps to provide the body with an extensive amount of vitamins and nutrients that support fertility and pregnancy.
- Spinach is rich in iron which helps to promote oxygen levels in cells, organs, and fetus.
- Spinach is also rich in folic acid which is important in preventing neural tube defects in the fetus.
It is beneficial to incorporate spinach into your meals when trying to conceive to support reproductive health and when pregnant to support fetal health.
Thanks for reading and start making plans to prepare yours!
I would like to hear from you, please leave a comment to let me know how you prepare and enjoy your meal.
Eat healthily and stay fertile!
Watch Recipe Video